At the end of the courses of instruction, the learner should be able to:
- Acquire the knowledge of the pathologic basis of diseases with emphasis on common diseases prevalent in Myanmar.
- Describe the morphology of gross specimens of common diseases and arrive at the correct diagnosis.
- Describe the histological and hematological features of common diseases and arrive at the correct diagnosis.
- Explain the principles of immunity and hypersensitivity with regards to pathogenesis of communicable and non-communicable diseases.
- Interpret the laboratory data correctly.
- Appreciate that pathology forms the basis of all branches of clinical medicine.
- Appreciate the importance of laboratory findings for the correct diagnosis and proper management of diseases including common communicable and non-communicable diseases.
- Appreciate that the acquired knowledge of etiology and pathogenesis of diseases could be utilized for prevention of certain diseases.